Women of Quantum 2024
To mark International Women’s Day on the 8th of March, BluSpecs and QuIC will bring together thought leaders from the global quantum industry to showcase female talent across the various fields within the quantum industry.
In the technology sector overall, a pronounced gender disparity still exists, particularly in upper management positions. In 2022 women occupied only 22% of all tech positions within European companies. This statistic is particularly striking given the pivotal role of technology in driving innovation and global progress today. In the quantum technology industry, however, this disparity is not so stark. Women are better represented overall in quantum than elsewhere in tech, which is worthy of both celebration and analysis – what lessons can we take from quantum that we can apply elsewhere?
Join us to hear from the change-makers, women and men, who are disrupting the status quo and helping us understand why women are underrepresented in the technology sector, what we can learn from women in the quantum field, and what can be done to further level the playing field, both within quantum and in the wider tech ecosystem.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this webinar is to highlight and celebrate the gender diversity observed in quantum technologies in contrast to the broader tech industry. By showcasing the contributions of women in this field, the webinar aims to inspire and empower women to pursue careers in quantum technologies and contribute to their continued success. Within this broader objective, the workshop aims to:
- Showcase the achievements and contributions of women in quantum technologies, including their research, innovations, and leadership roles.
- Underscore the need to promote access to a diverse talent pool to access the best of the best quantum talent.
- Delve into successful investments in women-led quantum companies and the roads that led there.
Who should attend?
- Anyone working or interested in the talent pipeline in quantum technologies, including researchers, engineers, and professionals in academia, industry, and government.
- Leaders and decision-makers in tech companies and academic institutions.
- Investors and women quantum founders
- Women working in the tech industry, including researchers, engineers, and industry professionals.
- Anyone interested in exploring gender representation and diversity in the technology sector.
What can you expect?
An online event with insightful discussions, inspiring stories, and the perspective of experts in the quantum industry on how diversity unlocks quantum talent and access to untapped investment potential.