Senior Consultant | Tech, Policy and Skills
Location: Madrid, Spain
At the intersection between tech, skills and market, we support digital transformation, from strategy to tech adoption. We have built up our practice around the uptake and development of digital technologies, including the Internet of Things, AI and Data, and how they can be used to support sustainable and inclusive business outcomes. Our core team of committed and talented professionals help corporate leadership teams understand what technologies are on the horizon and how they are relevant to their operations and clients. We are also regular contributors to tech, digital skills and net zero policies across Europe, UK and more globally.
Our practice is structured around three areas of expertise:
- CHARTING |Strategy & Ecosystems
- LEVERS FOR GROWTH | Technology Policy, Skills & SMEs
- RESILIENCE | Sustainable Industry & Data
We are now looking for an experienced consultant to join our Technology Policy, Skills & SMEs team, with the capacity to take a lead in our ongoing work with our public sector clients and support the continued growth of the practice.
As a Senior Consultant you will be responsible for leading on a diverse set of activities at the cutting edge of many fields related to digital technologies and data. It requires curiosity, creativity, and a real interest in participating and contributing to key digital ecosystems in Europe. Tasks will include:
- Support the delivery of leading European strategies within the IoT domain.
- Coordinate the inputs of leading experts in the mapping of technology advances and the preparation of tailored adoption strategies.
- Engage with key industry players to align novel technologies with business challenges.
- Lead on multi-stakeholder forums from researchers, technology developers, ICT specialists, SMEs and startups.
- Supporting partners and team members in the development of tools, guidance, events and policy recommendations.
- Aid in the design of programmes, formation of consortia and lead (with guidance) in proposal preparation.
- Representing BluSpecs in key industrial associations and alliances and within established partnerships through active and visible participation.
- Proactively using digital marketing and communication tools to strengthen our visibility in the market.
At least 3 years-experience in strategic consultancy with a focus on digital technologies in a operational and research environment, supporting adoption and data collection.
You will demonstrate an interest in key relevant digital ecosystems and possess knowledge on state-of-the-art digital technologies including aspects such as contextual IoT, cybersecurity, open source, interoperability, federated learning and AI applications.
Your skills should include:
- An ability to contribute to the definition of structures and methodologies for the capture and management of knowledge.
- A high capacity for assessing and defining the value to be derived from the application of a technology or technologies within a specific context, with clear communication of this value.
- Proficiency in developing relevant and high-impact reports, infographics, presentations, and other such material.
- An understanding of the dynamics of market competitiveness, innovative business models, etc.
- An ability to quickly adapt to new forms of working and making effective use of relevant tools.
- Technical skills, including programming, cloud computing and others are a bonus but not required.
You are also:
- Quality conscious, attentive to detail and understand that how facts are presented has a direct impact on how well they are understood.
- Accountable for assigned tasks and achieves them in a guided but autonomous manner.
- Conscious of aesthetics and design.
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively, setting milestones and meeting deadlines.
- Open to new challenges and persistent in achieving outcomes not outputs.
- Familiar with the management of European projects and/or ecosystems.
- Good communicator with experience working with public and private stakeholders across different domains.
- A team player, able and willing to help colleagues as well as understanding when to ask for their inputs and skills.
- Passionate about the digital economy and the creation of inclusive digital ecosystems.
What we offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team works in a collaborative work environment that supports their personal and professional development. We will enable and actively support you in defining your own path and reach new goals with the capacity to work on exciting initiatives and propose new opportunities.
As a key member of the digital technology ecosystems across Europe, we provide access to the brightest minds in European tech and the chance to develop your own skills and knowledge in your field of interest.
We value and work with truly diverse teams from different backgrounds and areas of expertise. We provide access to a borderless ecosystem and offer a dynamic environment working with new partners and networks to meet the demands our clients and our projects require growing our own knowledge and capacities.
If you think your profile fits and would like to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter with:
- Details of up to 2 projects you have worked on in the last 3 years, describing your role and how you contributed to its overall success.
- An explanation of why you want to join BluSpecs.
- Your salary expectations and your availability.