Data Science Intern
We are now looking for a data science intern to join our team.
As a Data Science Intern you will be responsible for supporting a set of activities at the cutting edge of many fields related to digital technologies and data. It requires curiosity, creativity and a real interest in helping to find agile data-driven solutions that contribute to achieving concrete goals and outcomes. The tasks include:
- Collaborate with the consulting team to develop an understanding of needs
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Provide contributions to reports summarising key results and background with attractive presentation of data.
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Analyse data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
- identify and integrate new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modelling experience
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Java/Python, SAS)
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Fluent in English and Spanish; other languages are also valued.
You are also:
- Quality conscious, attentive to detail and understand that how facts are presented has a direct impact on how well they are understood.
- A team player, able and willing to help colleague as well as understanding when to ask for their inputs and skills.
- Passionate about the digital economy and the creation of inclusive digital ecosystems
Why join BluSpecs
1| Intellectually stimulating work with great clients and colleagues from across the globe
2| Days are long-ish (we don’t clock-watch- we are more interested in results) but Friday afternoons are free to start the weekend early
3| Opportunity to travel
4| Lunch & learn on topics work and non-work related
5| Book allowance, for reading on the beach or skilling up
6| Join the company pitch to select the charity for our annual donation
If you think your profile fits and would like to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with a cover letter with:
- An explanation of why you want to join BluSpecs
- Your availability